Hi, I’m Regina Layug Rosero, and I’m a biker scout. And I’m going to wear my armor 7 days in a row, for charity.
A friend posted the link to the the #HumanNature7DayChallenge on Facebook, and tagged me, saying that she wanted to see what I could come up with.
I love Human Heart Nature, but what really intrigued me was the question: what challenge could I commit to, for 7 whole days, that was “an extraordinary deed showing your love for the Philippines, the poor or the environment”?
My friend suggested doing something costume-related, but that seemed too easy. I thought about doing some crazy things: riding roller coasters, wearing pink (I hate pink), petting a snake, other things that were extraordinarily frightening.
But who would that help?
Thanks to my husband, we hatched up a plan. And thank you, Darlene Reyes Ramos, for encouraging me to join this challenge.
Remember the stormtrooper who walked across the entire continent of Australia to raise funds for charity? He walked across Australia in 9 months, raising $90,000 for the Starlight Foundation, while wearing his stormtrooper costume. (Check it out on Facebook)
I can’t walk the length of the entire Philippines in 7 days, but I can walk around our village park, and still try to raise funds for charity. While wearing my biker scout costume.
This is my #HumanNature7DayChallenge:
1. I will walk 3-4 laps around our village park (about 2.5 to 3.36 kilometers) in my full biker scout costume, for seven consecutive days, starting September 23.
2. I will attempt to use this to raise Php 10,000 for charity. All funds will be donated to HERO Foundation. HERO Foundation is an organization that supports the children of Filipino soldiers who were injured or Killed in Action. I’m going to try and raise Php 10,000 for them.
3. I will accept pledges for each lap. Any amount is welcome, but to reach my goal I need pledges of at least Php 1,500 per night. Recommended donation: Php 500 = one lap.
You can donate through any of the following means:
- Paypal: onealtr (at) Yahoo.com
- Bank Deposit: Send us an email and we’ll send you the bank details.
- Direct cash donation: Send us an email and we’ll meet up with you for the donation.
- Email: rej.oneal.2010 (at) gmail.com
4. I will post about my 7-day challenge using the hashtag #HumanNature7DayChallenge on the Facebook event page. According to the challenge rules: “You must upload at least one photo or video post for each of the 7 days of your challenge. These posts tagged with #HumanNature7DayChallenge will serve as your official entries.”
My name is Regina Layug Rosero, and I’m a member of the 501st Legion. I wear Star Wars costumes to raise funds for charity, and I’m going to try and raise Php 10,000 for HERO Foundation–in one week.
To find out more about what I do:
Hope you can help by promoting this challenge or making a donation. Thanks! 😀